I have to say the chaps who designed the compare the market / meerkat adverts deserve tons of credit, for their spark of genius to come up with such legendary commercials that are not only funny, but extremely effective. Its no wonder at all that they’ve won a good number of awards (2, 3) along the way. Pretty neat eh?
It also seems they have licensed their designs to their characters to third parties, although I wonder who (The designers or Compare the Market) owns the design rights and is earning the royalties. Usually, it would be Compare, or the company commissioning the campaign which would own the designs, but there have been previous cases, where the producing / animation company keeps ownership of the designs.
Anyhow, отличный comrade Orlov.
- Can entertaining ads can work too? Do Compare the market / Compare the Meerkat prove it? (customerthink.com)
- Sergei Joins The Circus To Escape People Looking For Cheap Insurance Deals In Latest comparethemarket.com Ad (prnewswire.com)
- How Compare the Market Could Use Their TV Campaign to Improve Rankings (epiphanysolutions.co.uk)
- Friendly & Curious Meerkats Climb All Over BBC Camera Crew (laughingsquid.com)
- Animal Videos: Up Close and Personal With Meerkats (icanhascheezburger.com)
- Zoo meets a meerkat demand (scotsman.com)
- Can a meerkat get us saving into pensions? (telegraph.co.uk)
- Compare The Market can’t touch web filth extension – simples (go.theregister.com)