They hate and me they loathe;
Underfed, Jobless, broke.
It’s not just because of them;
But in it, they have a part;
Did them no Sin;
Admire their art;
While they banquet;
Drinking Rum smoking cigars, eating steaks;
My sister serves them;
Washes the dishes, puts the children to bed at seven.
Mother cleans their homes;
As father tends to livestock.
Brother works their fields;
Season in, season out;
But when their wives nag;
And there’s no one to whom to brag;
They seek solace in me.
- The Harlot Salon (utrendit.wordpress.com)
- Harlots, Housewives and Heroines: a 17th Century History for Girls, BBC Four, review (telegraph.co.uk)
- Tamar: The Noble Harlot (cmoneyspinner.wordpress.com)
- Small Tit Harlot (adroedgirls.com)
- WAR FROM A HARLOTS MOUTH, IMPERIUM DEKADENZ, KETZER Confirmed For Extremefest (bravewords.com)
- Lucy Worsley: harlots and heroines (thetimes.co.uk)
- TV review: Harlots, Housewives and Heroines: 17th Century History for Girls; Hit & Miss (guardian.co.uk)
- Next in the Think & Drink series: images of women in pop culture, ‘Harlots & Heroines’ (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Upcoming photo shoot & House of Harlot (andivinity.com)